From: Sergey Bylokhov
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 3:51 AM
To: Phil Race; Prahalad Kumar Narayanan; 2d-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [11] RFR: [JDK-8196451]
sun/java2d/OpenGL/DrawBufImgOp.java times out

On 13/02/2018 13:44, Phil Race wrote:
> In this case I can say that it was nothing to do with being slow .. it
> is a driver bug.

Even if behavior depends from the driver does not mean that it is a bug in
driver, we could do something wrong as well(since we have a bunch of artifacts
in opengl pipeline on windows/linux). But if we do not want to invest time to
investigate the reason of falure of this test on unsupported config(win+opengl)
then I assume the same decision will be done for other possible failures as
well.
I suggest to drop "-Dsun.java2d.opengl" option from our tests instead of
excluding the tests by keyword, so the tests will cover default system
pipeline(which is supported), and it will cover opengl on mac as well.
If it will be necessary to run the tests using some specific pipeline it will
be possible to pass a parameter to jtreg to run all the tests using one
pipeline.

--
Best regards, Sergey.