So, if we follow this line of reasoning, then you also end up with thinking
like this: "I can't think of any good reason for an American record label
to name itself after an evil political alliance associated with world war
and the Holocaust. Why? This is glorifying the Nazis and fascism, plain and
simple." (Axis Records / Jeff Mills)

The idea that one's alias needs to have some kind of 1-to-1 connection is
ANTITHETICAL to the whole premise of the kind of experimentation with
identity that Detroit techno artists associated with the UR camp pioneered.

This argument brings to mind a certain difference in approach between
Detroit techno, versus Chicago house. Many techno records have been
released with the explicit purpose of hiding the creator's identity.
Therefore, implicitly, techno implies that one should judge the record on
its own basis, with no knowledge of who actually created it.

Thus, affirming identities is simply not a part of the techno aesthetic. If
you want that, there's plenty of disco and house out there for you. But
techno is about creating mythical and fantastic identities and exploring
alternate realities, artificial worlds, cyborgs, outer space, inner space,
utopian/dystopian technology, the way humans and machines interact, and
impossible hybrids (and "Fatima Yamaha" sounds very much like a
machine-human hybrid).

~David