This whole conversation right here is the exact reason why you would use such a
name, that and the fact that it is catchy as hell.

From: David A. Powers [mailto:cybo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:05 PM
To: Arturo Lopez <arturo.m.lo...@gmail.com>; Eamonn Doyle <d...@d1.ie>
Cc: christiaan <gotrecord...@gmail.com>; Three-One-Three <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: A&A: Jacktone Radio guest mix

So, if we follow this line of reasoning, then you also end up with thinking
like this: "I can't think of any good reason for an American record label to
name itself after an evil political alliance associated with world war and the
Holocaust. Why? This is glorifying the Nazis and fascism, plain and simple."
(Axis Records / Jeff Mills)

The idea that one's alias needs to have some kind of 1-to-1 connection is
ANTITHETICAL to the whole premise of the kind of experimentation with identity
that Detroit techno artists associated with the UR camp pioneered.
This argument brings to mind a certain difference in approach between Detroit
techno, versus Chicago house. Many techno records have been released with the
explicit purpose of hiding the creator's identity. Therefore, implicitly,
techno implies that one should judge the record on its own basis, with no
knowledge of who actually created it.

Thus, affirming identities is simply not a part of the techno aesthetic. If you
want that, there's plenty of disco and house out there for you. But techno is
about creating mythical and fantastic identities and exploring alternate
realities, artificial worlds, cyborgs, outer space, inner space,
utopian/dystopian technology, the way humans and machines interact, and
impossible hybrids (and "Fatima Yamaha" sounds very much like a machine-human
hybrid).

~David
On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 11:13 AM Arturo Lopez