> Subject: Re: [313] the creator
>
> > On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, jose bello wrote:
> >
> > > who is the creator of this words ?
> > > in the beginning was jack...
> > > Jose Bello.Spain
> >
> > i first heard these words on mr. fingers "can you
feel it" but i have this
> > feeling that it is not the original. i have read
from somewhere in the
> > that these words are from osheen "my house" but i
have not heard the
> > track...

Well, here it is AGAIN..................TP should
start a history of house and
techno hotline....he  he he he

This subject came up on the 313 list a few months
back, I saved the message
that Terrence Parker posted with the answer to this
seemingly omnipotent
question.  So with all credit due to TP, here is his
answer:

"The ORIGINAL VERSION of the famous speech "In the
beginning there was Jack,
and Jack had a groove . . . ." is by ITALO ECSTASY.
The track is entitled
"MY
HOUSE," and was ORIGINALLY released on XYZ RECORDS
late in the year 1986.

Yes, it was used as a "vocal drop" on top of many
instrumental recordings
over the years, including Mr. Fingers' "CAN YOU FEEL
IT." But don't get it
twisted ladies and gentlemen. The Mr. Fingers' version
(which was originally
a BOOTLEG) is NOT WHERE THIS SPEECH ORIGINATED FROM!"
(Terrence Parker)

hope this helps........

michael
renegaderhythms