[matt hellige <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> how much do you know about the beginnings of and the relationships between
> the people who organized lollapalooza, for example?

I know that, much like DEMF, it was started by somebody who was part of
the underground music scene and had good knowledge of what music to put
on the lineup (Perry Farrell).  A few years later, Perry was gone and
Metallica was headlining.

It seems that the formula for every major festival has been to get some
artist to be the figurehead for it (Perry for Lollapalooza, Ozzy for
Ozzfest, Sarah McLachlan for Lilith Fair, etc.)

--
:: atomly ::

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.atomly.com/ | 877.741.3571