look, I'm not starting anything, and this is not a sarcastic question. But,

>This is why Juan Atkins came up with a similar sound with out even hearing
of Kraftwerk.

Is this true?

just interested to know.

This taken from: http://www.jahsonic.com/DetroitTechno.html

<quote>
"I've always been a music lover," says Juan Atkins. "Everything has a
subconscious effect on what I do. In the 1970s I was into Parliament,
Funkadelic; as far back as '69 they were making records like Maggot Brain,
America Eats Its Young. But if you want the reason why that happened in
Detroit, you have to look at a DJ called Electrifying Mojo: he had five
hours every night, with no format restrictions. It was on his show that I
first heard Kraftwerk."
</quote>
He admits that Mojo was the reason for what happened in Detroit, and
attributes that to the fact that he first heard Kraftwerk on that show...