What I found is that there is a relationship between port set and number sent
as part of smtp_auth command. When setting port to 587, you need a command line
that looks like
SMTP_Auth ($smtp_id_l;MAIL_UserName_s;MAIL_Password_s;2). IN other words you
must pass a number 2 as last parameter

Hope this helps

regards

Chuck
 Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306
 Informed Solutions, Inc. Fax: (617) 232-1064
mailto:cjmiller<AT SIGN>informed-solutions.com
       Providers of 4D and Sybase connectivity
          http://www.informed-solutions.com