Hello All, I am a newish 4d user with v15. I was subscribed to the basics
list, but, i do not think it is active as there have been no messages. I
hope it is ok to ask here, if not, please redirect me.

I am practicing with my first database and plan to use a many to many
joining table between my "company" and "people" tables. I have persons that
belongs to multiple companies, and, of course companies with multiple
people.

Based on some of the discussion I just found in this list, I have made a
joining table with the Primary key from each Table.

The join table is working properly, however, I am having a difficult time
getting the Input forms to work properly, or, maybe a better way to put it,
in a way that is more intuitive for an average user. It works, but, it does
not "feel" good or coherent.

So, the use cases are, for example.

While in the company table, when you add an existing person to the
company...or even a new person to the company and to the people table, what
is a good way to make it all flow?

And the similar scenario going from Person to company. I have an example of
a person that has a day job and has just started 2 "companies" (so, 3 total
companies for this one person) and each company has a different partner,
the company has him plus another person. It seems I should be able to
easily create the 2 new companies from the Person Table when clicking into
the "company/join" subform.

Does anyone know of any examples I could see or study on how this is
managed?

As I said, I can make it work, but, I would like a non user to feel
comfortable doing this. What happens now is I double click on the output
list subform and that goes to the input of the join table. Without knowing
the ID of the person or company....what to do?

Maybe a pop up list or search or?? how is this normally done?

I did search through the 4d support site for many to many, relations and
join. I also looked in the design and language manuals, but, unless I
missed it, again, not much in depth.

Where else to look? I hope I explained this in an understandable way.

Thank you in advance. pk

**by the way, is that at the correct place to view archives?
http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html
I am kind of new to lists and I am having a bit of a hard time locating 4d
related things for new users. As in more advanced topics than the
tutorials, but, not as advanced as the discussions here:)