I have been working on a half dozen small 4D databases in the past several years, and have gotten away with running them interpreted in production with no complaints from users. I am wondering, though, how much of an improvement in performance will we see if we compile. Have improvements in CPUs resulted in a smaller or larger difference between interpreted and compiled databases? Are there any recent comparative performance tests available?

---