> Le 12 oct. 2016 à 13:10, Peter Jakobsson <li...@netkelvin.com> a écrit :
>
> [...]
> To me, SQL is really a runtime, not design time tool and I prefer not to use
> it when 4D has all these design-time specific options that are native. [...]

Hi Peter,
much later…

Just to mention that yesterday I had to add a bunch of tables (~50) and fields
to an existing DB. I used SQL from spreadsheet definitions(save as cvs, read
it, etc.)

If one doesn't mind table positioning (*) and color in the structure editor, I
found it very easy. Add table or field if it doesn't exist/modify else, delete
errors, add "basic fields" (primary and foreign keys, for example), the
TRAILING option… Worked great for me, I never added so much things in such a
short time. I'm less happy with forms now  :-/

(*) 4D puts new tables "where there is place" from the top left corner, as I
could see looking at the structure in 15% zoom and executing step by step.

--
Arnaud de Montard