I did look at this because I thought that the problem might be here but not. In
this regard (Sharing & Permissions) the "quarantined" and the "non-quarantined"
versions of the zip file are the same.

There is another section in the Get Info panel -- "More Info" where there is a
bit of "metadata" called Where from: which tells you from where the
"quarantined" version was downloaded.

Non-quarantined version does not have this (Obviously because it was not
downloaded from anywhere)