> I have 4D 15.3 in the Doc on my Mac. When I launch it by clicking on it, a
> second 4D 15 icon appears with the dot below it to indicate it's running. The
> existing icon doesn't show a dot.

If you create a shortcut or link to an application, then add that shortcut/link
to the doc, then click on the shortcut/link you will see the behavior you
describe.

The way to fix this is to remove the shortcut/link from the dock and then add a
reference to the actual application instead (such as by right-clicking the
running application and choosing the option to keep in dock).

-Tim