On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Jody Bevan via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I think 4D does put effort into documentation. The manuals are there for
each new release (that is a great start).
> The BLOGs are great pieces to get introduced to a new feature. I am
amazed at the graphics they add into the
> BLOGs (maybe I am simple). The web page too. So there is effort and money
being put in.

Yes, they definitely document all of the commands, but there's rarely
anything about trade-offs/pros-cons/best practice, real-world examples,
technical details, etc. I'm using a lot of different docs from different
places and so I'm getting a new perspective on what docs look like these
days.

I agree about the blog! I really like it. It's technical marketing material
very well done. I forget to visit often enough and wish that 4D would post
reminders on this list. Or maybe they do and I just don't notice? Anyway,
anyone who hasn't visited the blob (or done so recently), it's very good.
It's probably the best thing they've got going now of that sort. Well,
short of when Miyako says just about anything ;-)