That's exactly what I do.

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Timothy Penner via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> > Could you please explain a bit further how you get from attributes to
> event callbacks? Do you capture an event on the SVG area and scan all its
> element attributes?
>
> I am just guessing here but check out this command:
>
> SVG Find element ID by coordinates
> http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv15.4/help/Command/en/page1054.html
>
> The description of this command talks about using the On Clicked event of
> the object to get the mouse coordinates and then then using the X Y
> coordinates of the mouse location with the SVG Find element ID by
> coordinates to find out what is beneath the mouse during the click event.
>
> You should then have the ID of the element that was clicked on.
>
> If you had set a custom attribute for that element using SVG SET ATTRIBUTE
> you could then use SVG GET ATTRIBUTE to obtain that custom attribute, then,
> assuming it is a method name, you could use the EXECUTE METHOD command to
> execute it.
>
> This is just one approach.
>
> Another approach could be to use a case statement for the elements that
> you know may be clicked on, with each action defined within the case
> statements.
>
> There could be other approaches to.
>
> -Tim

Jim Dorrance
jim.dorra...@gmail.com
4...@dorrance.eu
www.4d.dorrance.eu

PS: If you know of anyone that needs an experienced 4D programmer to add
energy and experience to their team, please let me know. I have
experience in many areas. Reasonable rates. Remote or Paris only.