> Le 25 janv. 2018 à 16:35, Jim Crate via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a
> écrit :
>
> I’m not trying to filter user input. I’m trying to trap certain
> navigation-related keystrokes. I am trying to implement a relatively simple
> generic auto-complete that allows me to customize the query used to generate
> the autocomplete list. I’m displaying a listbox under the field the user
> types in, and filtering the arrow keys to navigate the list. The idea is for
> the user to type a couple letters, down arrow a couple times to the choice
> they want, and hit return to select it. The arrow keys can be detected in On
> Before Keystroke, and that part works fine. The return/enter keys cannot be
> detected that way. It’s frustrating to have to think about the hassle of
> managing the choice list in another window just because On Before Keystroke
> doesn’t detect certain keystrokes.

Have you seen that?
<http://forums.4d.com/Post/FR/19067101/1/19067102#19067102>
I still did not used it in production but I do like the concept:
1/ no object to add to the host form
2/ it uses a window actually (popup), but the input zone belongs to the same
form as the list superimposed; this way, the host form input management and the
list one are completely independent.

--
Arnaud de Montard