Tim Nevels responded

>On Feb 6, 2018, at 2:00 PM, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:

>> Is there a way to make the processes running in 4D Server not taking

>> too much resources?

>> I know that this is for the processes to finish quickly when send to the
>> server.

>> My problem is that this behaviour reduce notably the performance on

>> the 4D clients.

>> Is there some 4D parameter that it gives more priority to the clients

>> than the server.

>Usually Stored Procedures that hog the CPU are looping through records

>or doing some repetitive task. So put DELAY PROCESS in the loop so that

>it does one iteration of the loop, pause for a short time and then resume.

Tim's comments will help improve performance if the stored procedure is
iterating over records. However, it the 'slow' process is a long sequential
query, it will not improve client response. If that is the case you will need
to look at query optimization or data model revisions or both.

There is no 'priority' flag for processes, at least not in v12 or v13. V16
Workers may help you out, but I have no experience with them yet.

Tom Benedict

Optum Inc