Fixed it…. it was the 443 port that was taken by OSX Server… After I disabled
TLS or changed that port Web server started w/o issues.

What got me was that V12 does not complain and starts web server fine. Maybe it
does not check if port 443 is taken
But apparently V16 does check.

It’d be really nice if 4D V16 gave a better error message, other than ‘can’t
start web server’. That’d have saved me a couple hours, messages and I’d not be
bothering you guys with this.

So, beware of port 443 if you try to use 4D V16 Web Server on a mac running OSX
Server.

Thanks for all the chimed in.

--
Julio Carneiro