This is sad news indeed.  I have always visited DDDD whenever Ortwin posted
something useful or informative here.  I have learnt many things from him over
the years.

Here's an odd thing though - when I got to the office yesterday and logged in
as normal, my Chrome browser automatically opened to DDDD on the far right tab.
 I hadn't visited there since a couple of weeks!

He was a quite a prolific poster on the 4D forums too - 3560 posts on there.
Often posting and voting about 4D feature requests, I recall.

My condolences to his family.  He will be missed by the 4D community.

Best regards

Keith White
Synergist Express Ltd, UK.