Very sad to hear. We did buy a few components from him. Always great with
UI and a very pragmatic approach.

He was very active and always had a very refreshing way to resolve issues.

He will be missed greatly

God Bless

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 at 9:22 pm, Herr Alexander Heintz via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Fellow 4D developers,
>
> it is with great sadness, that I have to inform you, that Ortwin Zillgen
> has passed away end of last week.
> Suddenly, unexpectedly and far to early at the young age of 64.
>
> Ortwin was known to many of us for his interesting and innovative ideas
> for interfaces, anything to do with cartography and mastery of subforms,
> his garish striped shirts and baggy yellow jacket, but most of all, as an
> all-around great guy to hang out with and talk of 4d, art, and anything
> that comes to mind.
> I have known him for many years and never saw him without that wide
> friendly grin on his face, I will miss it.
>
> 4d tech support all over the world will painfully feel his absence and an
> urgent need to stock up on staff.
>
> He will be missed dearly and we wish him godspeed whichever tricky subform
> he may be heading to.
>
> All the best to y’all and stay safe
>
> Alex Heintz
>
> PS: I will pass on any condolences from the nug to his family

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"There must be ingenuity as well as intention, strategy as well as
strength. "