Pascal,

Re:
Does the server start up correctly ?

How did you make the cert.pem file ? Make sure it does not contain any
invisible characters and the linefeeds should be just regular linefeeds not
windows linefeeds.

Yesterday I was getting no error starting and stopping the web server and I
relaunched the application several times trying various things.

Today I get an error message “PROGRESS” although I do not know what it means…

Error when executing the method "Server_Window_8 (runtime)" at line number 3

Failed to set SSL certificate

Error code: 46
Failed to set SSL certificate
component: 'srvr'
task -1, name: 'User Interface'

Error code: 49
SSL internal error : error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line
component: 'srvr'
task -1, name: 'User Interface'

Error code: 49
SSL internal error : error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line
component: 'srvr'
task -1, name: 'User Interface'

So then I found another article: http://kb.4d.com/assetid=77137
<http://kb.4d.com/assetid=77137>

This one explained the above error as I had left the pub.pem file in the
folder.  It also suggested that it was no longer necessary to put both
certificates in one file.

Here is where I am now...

When I combine both certificates in the same file and connect from a browser I
get a message :
“Performing TLS handshake to dev.ilevelportal.co.uk
<http://dev.ilevelportal.co.uk/>…”
This eventually times out and I get nowhere…

When I use two separate .pem files (in addition to the key.pem) cert.pem and
dev.pem I get a message:
“Connecting to dev.ilevelportal.co <http://dev.ilevelportal.co/>.uk”
which quickly times out and I get nowhere...

Clearly I have got something wrong.  Does 4D support wildcard SSL certs?  Mine
is from rapidSSL.

When I got the email I received:
Web Server CERTIFICATE
INTERMEDIATE CA:

When I look in account I seem to have 3 certificates:
Certificate (CRT)
CA Bundle (Root & Intermediate Certificates) - This is two certificates
combined.

I have tried using all 3 in various combinations.  No joy...

I would say I am pulling my hair out but I have so little to start with…

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com <mailto:jdcr...@telekinetix.com>  Web :
http://www.telekinetix.com <http://www.telekinetix.com/>