John,

> Someone else pointed out, I think off list, that I would have a conflict with
> 19814. So I did a bit of testing with netstat. Based on the netstat results I
> don’t believe that 4D is necessarily grabbing one below and one above the set
> application port.

You are correct, 4D doesn't grab a port one *below* a configured port, but it
does grab a port *above* the configured application port.

To be clear, we have the following *configurable* port options and their
defaults:

SQL: 19812 (v11 default was 1919)
App: 19813+1 (the +1 is the DB4D port)

So by default, 4D listing on:

SQL: 19812 (configurable)
App: 19813 (configurable)
DB4D: 19814 (NOT configurable; this is inherited from the App port +1)

See also:

Tech Tip: 3 things to remember when deploying multiple 4D Servers to a single
Win box
http://kb.4d.com/assetid=76660

Tech Tip: Changes to ports in 4D Server v11 SQL
http://kb.4d.com/assetid=51390

Tech Tip: Checking for open ports in 4D v11 SQL
http://kb.4d.com/assetid=76029

I hope this clears things up.

-Tim