Perhaps this has been discussed before, but in windows 2008 I am able to get 2
instances of the 4D application to open simply by opening the 4D application a
second time. As long as the 2 are connected to different 4D servers or 4D
databases, everything works fine.

In windows 7 and 10 I cannot get more than 1 instance of 4D to open. A Google
search gives the impression that this is possible for some apps by
shift-clicking the app in the start menu or even the taskbar. That works for
some applications, like the calculator, but not 4D.

My google search has me somewhat confused as I found one article which talks
about Windows 10’s first release not allowing multiple instances of apps to be
opened at the same time. This supposedly has been changed in a later release,
but apps have to be created to allow this functionality.

I am testing with 4D v16R6 in all operating systems.

Can someone shed some light on the subject?

John

John Baughman
1331 Auwaiku Street
Kailua, Hawaii  96734