Hi John,

>Thanks Julio.  Like you I duplicate 4D all the time to run multiple instances
>on my Mac.
>
>On windows, however, I have been reluctant to fiddle with windows
>installations as
>I  suspect that there are DLLs or other files installed in places that I know
>not where.
>
>I did in fact just now try what you suggested and it works! I will do some
>more testing, but it looks like that is the way to go.
>
>Anyone have any warnings with regard to using a duplicate of the 4D version
>folder? For example...
>
>             C:\Program Files (x86)\4D\4Dv16.0
>             C:\Program Files (x86)\4D\4Dv16.0  - Copy
>             put a shortcut of  C:\Program Files (x86)\4D\4D v16.0 -
> Copy\4D\4D.exe on the desktop.

That's how I've done it for years for 4+ copies of 4D (4DDev, 4DQA, 4DUAT,
4DTraining, 4DProduction etc). I've never had Windows complain about it. You
can take it a step further and create .4DLink files to automate the connection
too. Drop those in your Start Menu or Task Bar for single click access.

Tom Benedict
Optum