From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Julio Carneiro via
4D_Tech
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 10:18 AM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: Julio Carneiro <jjfo...@gmail.com>
Subject: ORDA question: how do I add related fields to an entity selection?

Let’s say I have 2 tables in my database, MANY and ONE, where MANY has a many
to one relation to ONE.

Using a MANY based SELECTION TO ARRAY I can populate arrays with fields from
the MANY table, of course, but I can also include fields from the ONE table. If
automatic relations is set to true 4D will resolve the relations automatically
and populate the arrays accordingly. Works great and I’ve used it a LOT :-)

Now, using ORDA, how can I get related fields into an Entity Selection? is that
possible? looking at the docs I could not find a way to do that. Except by
manually going thru the selection and manually resolving the relation and
populating the fields needed.

Maybe that is one of those cases where it is better to stick with the “old way”
and use Arrays.

--
Julio Carneiro
jjfo...@gmail.com