Tim Nevels writes:

> First day 4D Server Team Developer v17 experience over a WAN was very good.

Thanks for the report Tim. I'm very impressed that anyone is doing development
on 4D Server over the internet.

When deployed does your app use 4D Client or does it have a web front end? I
ask because in our experience 4D performance over a WAN was intolerable.
Minutes to open a record. But that involved long queries and loading records
from multiple tables and executing lots of code/forms/etc. We also were dealing
with tables with millions of records and 200 - 300 concurrent users. Our app
may not be typical though.

V17 sounds promising for a number of reasons.

Tom Benedict

Optum