On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:29 PM Christian Sakowski via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> $object.myIDs:=$entitySelection.toCollection("ID“).extract(„ID“)
> new process(…;$object)
>
> and in the new process just create the new entity selection:
>
> ds.Table.query(„ID IN :1“;$object.myIDs)

Christian,

Thanks for idea, will look at it. I want to pass a sorted selection, not
sure if the above query will work. I have a code that does this with
interprocess selection, and that works OK, but thought ORDA will provide
more elegant solution.

I could achieve it with  LONGINT ARRAY FROM SELECTION - CREATE SELECTION
FROM ARRAY commands, and it resembles your suggestion (and the sort order
will be transferred) but wanted to avoid creating potentially huge array.
Interprocess named selection seems to have very low overhead (and, BTW, the
same argument as against shared entity selections can be used against
interprocess named selections.)

--

Peter Bozek