On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:29 PM Christian Sakowski via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> like:
> $object.myIDs:=$entitySelection.toCollection("ID“).extract(„ID“)
> new process(…;$object)
>
> and in the new process just create the new entity selection:
>
> ds.Table.query(„ID IN :1“;$object.myIDs)

I tried simpler (but I believe identical) solution:

$collection:=$selection.ID
$err:=New process("aaExecuteProcess";0;"test";$collection)
... in the process

$selection:=ds.Table.query("ID IN :1";$collection)

There are several problems with it: first, I did not find a way how to do a
shared collection from selection, there is no "New shared collection form
selection". So passing collection to another process probably copies the
collection (I could not find in in documentation.) But more serious problem
for me is there is no way how to pass ordered selection - line

$selection:=ds.Table.query("ID IN :1";$collection)

creates unordered selection, so order is lost. ds.Table.fromCollection may
do that, but at a cost of significant overhead.

So, it seems ORDA is nice, but for more advanced functionality, named
selections are way to go.

> >> I am trying to do something like global named selection. Examples that,
> >> say, pass selections to workers pass a condition to build a selection.
This

--

Peter Bozek