I and Admin(s) may need to see/work with the relational key to attempt
to determine why/if something is F-ed.

off the top of my head scenario:
invoice does not show expected line items.
-(for me) first step examine raw data to see if the 'missing' line
item(s) exist.
 -- to do this you need to at least search the line item table for the
Invoice ID
  --- invoice ID is longint (type 1234567) poof line items
  --- invoice ID is UUID (type UUID 17 times because : typos, TL;DR,
transposition) finally line items (maybe)
  ---- try search again (at least look at search dialog) to be sure
UUID was typed correctly, and the location of line items was not a
fluke where a typed UUID was in fact another UUID in use.

- proceed with determining if the line items found are what was
expected.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:53:16 +0000, Dennis, Neil wrote:

>> - Do I **really** want to type a UUID to try to follow/check on
>> related records when something goes pear-shaped?
>> - Do I want my admin(s) to have to type a UUID to try to chase
>> related records?
>> - Do I want to have to work with UUIDs, other then knowing that they
>> exist and are inplace as requested/required?
>
> Do I ever want to have a user ever know anything about or see a
> primary or foreign key anyway 😊
>
> Neil
>

> --
>

> Privacy Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information
> and is intended only for the named addressee. If you are not the
> named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
> email. Please delete this email from your system and notify the
> sender immediately by replying to this email.  If you are not the
> intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
> distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
> information is strictly prohibited.
>
> The Alternative Investments division of UMB Fund Services provides a
> full range of services to hedge funds, funds of funds and private
> equity funds.  Any tax advice in this communication is not intended
> to be used, and cannot be used, by a client or any other person or
> entity for the purpose of (a) avoiding penalties that may be imposed
> on any taxpayer or (b) promoting, marketing, or recommending to
> another party any matter addressed herein.
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing