included in 4D 2004 is an older (0.9.8 or thereabouts) version of OpenSSL,
so it is not capable of elevating to TLS 1.2 which is the default minimum for
v17.

https://blog.4d.com/more-security-for-your-4d-server/

of course you could lower the security level but that's probably the wrong way
to look at it.

things have changed a lot since 2004; I recently had to bring back a Snow
Leopard machine from hibernation, turns out almost all https sites are
inaccessible using Safari or the command line curl.

2018/10/29 18:40、Douglas Cryer via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>>のメール:
So I can only assume that for whatever reason HTTPS support never existed in
that version.