John,

Not sure I understand what you are saying, would you be able to provide me with
a high level overview of what you are thinking?

Our Server will be performing analytics' and at some point it will trap on a
condition that needs to be communicated to the shop floor.  For example, a
machine has been idle for more than 5 minutes.

When this event is flagged, the server needs to tell the browser on the floor,
associated with this machine, to take a specific action. Basically the browser
will need to present a different window for the operator to respond into.

So I'm just trying to understand how the HTTP idea you presented would work in
this situation...

Thanks!

Steve

  Stephen J. Orth
  The Aquila Group, Inc.          Office:  (608) 834-9213
  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
  Sun Prairie, WI 53590

  E-Mail:  s.o...@the-aquila-group.com