Hi Steve,

I have been working with WebSockets on a component I wrote for 4D.  I love
web sockets over long-polling.

I designed and created a component that can just be dropped into any
database.  I am planning on demo-ing the component with examples on 4DMethod
but figuring out the right date.  As soon as it's confirmed with Brent, I
will let you know if you want to tune in for that presentation.

I use web sockets for a number of things... like syncing data easily between
many web views and for keeping track of some iPads that should be always on.
As soon as they get powered off, the 4D Server instantly knows and sends a
message to the employees affected.  I also use them in a mobile app I
designed to skip Apple Push Notifications and Google Firebase Notifications
if the app is open.  If it's open I can push a message directly to the app
and skip the middle man.  I also wrote an app that pops up a camera from a
zoneminder when motion is detected, works pretty well for my employer's
need.

- Matt

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html