From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of John J Foster via
4D_Tech
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:15 AM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: John J Foster <trueg...@isomedia.com>
Subject: Windows Build - STR# 10135, 18/19 Folders

Hey All,

I couldn’t find anything in KB that explained this situation.

Windows 10 - 4D v17r4

I just noticed that the build of an engined version of my app creates two
foldersnamed:

STR# 10135, 18 -> Appname.4dbase -> includes the .4DC/.4DIndy files STR# 10135,
19 -> Appname -> includes executable

Is this related to the application build XML or JSON file?

I haven't had to create a standalone app on windows since
DataPulse/StructurePulse 10 years ago. And it looks like I will need both of
these folders as part of the “App”.

Can they just be renamed and then included in another folder? And isn’t there a
way of creating a file (an alias like) where the client will click that and the
app will work? I really like to keep them out of these folders.

Does an install program on windows manage these pieces as well.

If you have experience creating a standalone app on windows I’d appreciate any
help. Any time saved is huge at this point.

Thanks for your help,
John…