I have been banging my head against the wall with this problem for weeks :)
Advice I was given was to NOT run the service with the Local system Access
option selected but to create a new user account and use that. I got the
client's IT dept. to create a new user account and it is selected under
"This account" in Task Manager->Services->Properties->Log on.

So in the Task Manager it says the app is "Running", but in the Properties
dialog, under General, it says Service status: Stopped. If I click Start it
starts but then immediately reverts to Stopped.

If I do not try to run the app as a service, it runs just fine, and I can
connect to it from a Client on the same machine, so I'm confident that
there isn't a problem with the app that's preventing it from running.

I started a thread on this topic a few weeks ago and I believe I've
followed the advice given there :) But still can't get it to work.

Pat

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 22:12, Robert ListMail via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I’m having the same issue with Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Pro
> (local Dev OS) when using a built server.
>
> The steps I generally take are:
>         -Launch the built server as Admin.
>         -Say yes to any firewall questions from the OS.
>         -Register as a service.
>         -Start 4D Server service via Service control panel of the OS.
>         -connect with 4D client…. Be happy!
>
> The problem is that the client does not connect. Upon closer inspection, I
> notice that the server is initially started as a server then it apparently
> quits just after it starts. The Service list shows it running and it looks
> like it’s running, then after a refresh of that list, it’s clearly not
> running.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>
> > On Jan 28, 2019, at 4:15 PM, Uist Macdonald via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> >
> > When I run 4d Server V17.0 as an app under Windows Server 2016, I can
> connect to it OK.  However if I run it as a service, I cannot connect.

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky