Hi Pat.

We had the same issue some time ago and figured out how to solve the problem.
The issue was that we use the new architecture for deploymemt and with this new
architecture, the datafile location is stored in a xml file in the user appdata
of the user which launch the application the first time. In our case it was the
Administrator. Because as a Service it was Local System user, 4D stop to run
because he could not find a datafile to open. The solution was to move this xml
file in the appdata of the Local System user (located in a deep hidden place
but findable). This solve our issue.

I dont know if it is the same for you. But I assume you launch 4D as
Administrator when you launch it normally(not as a service).

You can also get some more informations in the event logs of windows and get
the log of why 4D stops. In our case it was written « cannot open a datafile »
or something like that.

Hope ut can help.

Gabriel

Envoyé de mon iPhone