What version. Can you use progress component

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 6:00 AM Jeremy Roussak via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I’d like to give feedback about the process of a multi-step task -
> something like
>
> Contacting server…
> Signing in…
> Getting obligations…
> Submitting data…
> Done.
>
> appearing one line at a time.
>
> Updating a text field in my process’s own window won’t work, as I don’t
> leave the process and no form events are received while the task is under
> way. Another process, with a global variable and CALL PROCESS(-1), perhaps?
>
> I’m sure this must have been done often before and I don’t want to
> re-invent the wheel. Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Jeremy

 Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306 Fax: (617) 232-1064
 Informed Solutions, Inc.
       Providers of 4D, Sybase & SQL Server connectivity
          http://www.informed-solutions.com
This message and any attached documents contain information which may be
confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure,
printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of any action in
reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this
message to any person other than the intended recipient shall not
compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege or exemption
from disclosure as to this communication.