Keith,

I’ve experienced issues with V17.1 and printing to pdf. V17.1 64-bit, Windows
10, does not support PDF Creator. You must use Microsoft PDF, as you’ve done.
V17.1 32-bit though seems to work fine with PDF Creator, in Win 10.

The issues I’ve had with V17.1 64-bit and Microsoft PDF, were related to images
inside the pdf. In my case I’m printing radiology reports with includes
multiple DICOM images (CT, X-Ray, MRI, etc). Those images are converted to
JPEG/PNG before putting them into the report.
That’s stuff that’s been working since V-12, but now fails in V17.1 64-bit.

One thing I noticed was that when images were converted to JPEG, pdf printing
failed all the time. Resulting PDF would not open.
When images are converted to PNG, the resulting PDF seems fine, although a bit
larger than expected.

So, for now, I’m using PNG conversion. But this is not yet production, so no
idea how that will behave in large scale. I’ve done only limited testing.
I’ve reported that issue to 4D, and they’ve confirmed it, and opened a bug
report: ACI0099344. So, I’m waiting for some solution in 17.2, I hope.

Sorry for no being of help and just confirm your findings :-(

cheers,
julio

--
Julio Carneiro