Charles and Julio, thanks for your replies.

On 4/04/2019, Charles Miller wrote:
> I think the problems with odd creator o. Windows had to do with 4D as when
> I went to 17.1 it started working again.
> When using earlier 4D releases no pdf was created own windows at all

Charles, are you saying that you had problems with PDFCreator and that it
started working again when you upgraded to 4D v17?

On 4/04/2019, Julio Carneiro wrote:
> …
> One thing I noticed was that when images were converted to JPEG, pdf printing
> failed all the time. Resulting PDF would not open.
> When images are converted to PNG, the resulting PDF seems fine, although a
> bit larger than expected.
>
> So, for now, I’m using PNG conversion…
> I’ve reported that issue to 4D, and they’ve confirmed it, and opened a bug
> report: ACI0099344. So, I’m waiting for some solution in 17.2, I hope.

Julio, we are not directly embedding images in the pdf. While some 4D reports
do contain HighCharts graphs (by printing a form that contains a picture
variable containing the image of the graph), the majority of the reports
contain standard Print selection stuff.
The pdf failures mainly happen with the latter type reports.

If the “bad” pdf’s report is printed again, it works OK.

> afaik, none of the PDF plugins for 4D give you the ability to print to PDF.
> They provide functionality for you to create and manipulate PDFs, but none
> gives you what you get with print to PDF Creator/MS PDF.

I’ll have to do some more investigation…
Thanks for the headzup.

In case it matters, this project is an all Windows environment.
The development is done using 4D v17.1 HF1 32 bit, and the deployment is built
applications - 64bit for server and 32bit for Client (64bit Client messes up
the display of our HighCharts graphs in a web area).
The pdfs are all printed from a Client.

Cheers, Keith
There are 3 kinds of mathematician. Those who can count, and those who can't.