From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 11:00 AM
To: 4d_tech@lists.4d.com
Cc: Tim Nevels <timnev...@mac.com>
Subject: RE: Error connecting to 4D Server

On Apr 8, 2019, at 10:24 AM, Allan Udy wrote:
I ran into this problem again this morning. And this time it occurred on
another server at a different client site. And Allan is right, when you click
the “Accept New Connections” button 4D Server hangs and you get the Windows
dialog box that 4D Server has stopped responding and you have to kill 4D
Server.

I think Allan is right. Something inside 4D Server is flipping the switch to
stop accepting new connections and it is updating the 4D Server Administration
window UI to show that. But it’s not doing the stop accepting connection part
properly. So when you click the button to make it start accepting connections
again it expects things to be in a certain state and it is not, so 4D Server
hangs and crashes.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions