I the case of sub tables I would convert them to standalone e tables in
both subs before I tried to import
You should have done this way back but need to do this now
Regards

Chuck

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 10:29 PM Ronnie Teo via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.
>
> Yes, in my scenario, the size of the data file is much smaller, less than
> 10GB.
>
> So I should think an export/import by table would be the approach.
> The slight complication is that a couple of the main tables have many
> subtables….one of them alone has 40+ subtable fields.
> So my export/import routines would have to handle that.
> UUIDs would be crested and saved with the records during the import into
> v15.
>
> Perhaps I can also consider to convert the v13 structure to v15,
> synchronise the field order/type, then use Send/receive record.
>
> Regards,
> Ronnie
> Tarawerkz
>
> > On 1 May 2019, at 3:00 AM, 4d_tech-requ...@lists.4d.com wrote:
> >
> > Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:42:35 -0400
> > From: Mike Beatty <mikebeatty.li...@gmail.com <mailto:
> mikebeatty.li...@gmail.com>>
> > To: 4d_tech@lists.4d.com <mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> > Subject: Re: Data Merge from v13 to v15
> >
> > Ronnie-
> >
> > I often work with datafiles in size greater than 100GB, so please take
> that into consideration of your needs — small datafiles might not need as
> extensive an effort.
> >
> > Based on my experience, I would highly recommend you use the sql
> export/sql import routines — they are the most efficient, assuming there is
> no level of data manipulation.
> >
> > In the event there is any need for data manipulation (change in field
> order/data types, update UUIDs, etc.), then your best bet will be to create
> a generic series of routines that will allow you to monitor the export and
> import routines on a table level basis.
> >

> > HTH,
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > Mike Beatty
> > Objective Systems

 Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306 Fax: (617) 232-1064
 Informed Solutions, Inc.
       Providers of 4D, Sybase & SQL Server connectivity
          http://www.informed-solutions.com
This message and any attached documents contain information which may be
confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure,
printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of any action in
reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this
message to any person other than the intended recipient shall not
compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege or exemption
from disclosure as to this communication.