Tim:

ALP gives a lot of control over colorization. In this case, you want to
color a column so the column commands are used.

In addition to the docs, under “Working with Color”, the constants are
listed in the Constants section of the Explorer under ALP Column
Properties. The one that you’re looking for is ALP_Column_BackColor. That’s
a text property so your code could look like this:

$column_L:=-2  //-2 sets all columns when using the new version of ALP - it
was 0 in ALP V8
$column_L:=1
AL_SetColumnTextProperty ($eList;$column_L;ALP_Column_BackColor;"#FFEEEEEE")

That’s a light gray color - “#FF808080” is darker. In addition to
supporting the color, the first two characters are the alpha channel

ALP allows you to use some colors by name (“white", “red", "green", etc.)
as well as the string of the value from the color palette (“P201”)

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902