I think you can save yourself some work.

if you are working on a record (which is displayed) then...
try this:
do the recalc
(you could clear it first)
ADD the record to the listbox selection set
use your named selection

I *think* 4D will scroll the display to show the highlighted record.

if not
you should be able to get the location of that record
then scroll to that location - the record that was worked on is now
highlighted so the user can see the result

Chip

Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing