Chuck,
you said the column is not enterable - disabled for a check box
a disabled check box shows as light grey, and if checked the check is
darker grey

so actually is sounds as if it draws incorrectly the first time in -
appearing blue = enterable

You might be able to change the color (blue) of the disabled check box
- but I have never tried this.

Chip

On Tue, 14 May 2019 15:37:32 -0400, Charles Miller wrote:
> This is sub form so events don’t work the way you think and why would it
> work the first time in and only fails when activate happens. I have even
> changed to a variable and set during on display detail
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing