Hi Doug,
I did exactly this with a listbox recently. In my case the pictures
involved are thumbnails of students represented in the listbox. The
thumbnails are stored in a table related to the Student table.

At first I thought I'd have to do something tricky to make it work but they
simply appear as desired. The largest number of records displayed is about
10k or so and this hasn't caused any performance issues.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:03 AM Douglas Cryer via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> We have been working on moving our generic listing over to using ORDA.  To
> do this we realise that we would need to use entity selections with list
> boxes.
>
> This has gone really well but we have now hit a very road bump and I need
> some advice on how to overcome it.
>
> Two of our tables have picture fields containing thumbnails that can be
> added to a listing view.  In classic list box using selection this works
> really well to display the thumbnail so the user knows visually what the
> line is.  The data loads quickly and scrolls smoothly.  However, when a
> picture is put into a list box with an entity selection it appears to kill
> performance.
> - The data takes ages to load (15 seconds with 4K records) even when all
> picture fields are empty!
> - The scroll is jerky and makes the view unusable.
>
> I feel I must be missing something.  Is there some new trick to displaying
> pictures in list boxes that are using entity selections.
>
> We are using the new v18 LTS release so I am concerned that our dreams of
> an ORDA future have just been put on hold.
>
> Regards,  Dougie
>
> telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
> Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
> 2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
> Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com  Web : http://www.telekinetix.com <
> http://www.telekinetix.com/>

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA