Am 19.03.2020 um 13:05 schrieb Peter Jakobsson via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com>:

>> I have a client who has a huge Windows Server machine and they run all
>> instances of 4D client on it.  Everyone connects via RDP to those clients
>> and it’s fast.
>

> You mean server + multiple clients on the same machine ? How do screen
> sharers connect to a particular instance of a 4D Client in that case if
> they’re all on the same machine ?

Ah, a question from a MacTotaller :-)

Its called Terminal Server and multiple user sessions.
Windows can do that since NT.
MacOS cannot do that...

The Server runs as many sessions as users log on.
They just log onto the server with username and password and get their user
session.
The user sessions are all separate from each other.
WIth their own application instances, etc.

Its what most businesses use nowadays as you can use the cheapest simplest
desktop machines, only need to administrate the server, nothing, and i mean
NOTHING is on the client machine, it only drives the network and screen.