On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 09:04:33PM +0000, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> You can find the new Wiki at https://wiki.57north.org.uk/. (You can find the
> CAcert root certificates at https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3 or, if you
> prefer to have an unencrypted connection, you can use http://).

To bring folks who weren't paying attention to IRC when we discussed
this up to speed: this is currently hosted on hackr which is Iain's
dedicated server.

I'm not comfortable with space infrastructure being hosting on
machines under the sole control of one member. I think it should be
hosted somewhere under the control of the space generally to protect
against it disappearing if the member doesn't want to host it anymore
or becomes unavailable. I'm especially uncomfortable if we're going to
be using this as the main public facing site for the space.

From the discussion on IRC it looks like the new wiki requires more
resources to run than are available on the current space VPS.

Iain, could you tell us what spec is needed?

Is it possible to have a lower spec machine doing the web serving and
separate that from the heavy lifting, or is the heavy lifting in the
serving up pages part of things?

Robert

Robert McWilliam     r...@allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Life is complex:  it has real and imaginary parts.