On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Benjamin Huntsman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That being said, while huge scalability is certainly research-worthy, does
> anyone actually run anything on Plan 9 that needs or would otherwise benefit
> from 8+ CPUs and more than a few GB's of RAM?

 The Blue gene HPC folks come to mind.

> Furthermore, does anyone out there run Plan 9 on non-x86 hardware anymore?

 Some people would like to, but to my knowledge fourth edition hasn't
been ported to any other platforms. I've heard rumors of a near
complete x86_64 port, and there's occasional interest in sparc and ppc
ports.
-sqweek