it works for all usb disks i've tried but has never worked for
Bluetooth devices.  the last time i looked, i was left with a guess
that the driver needed to support some unholy handshake with the
built-in "Transaction Translator"; not sure if that's really the
problem.  Geoff and Nemo worked on disabling various caches which
fixed most earlier issues.

-Skip