On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:00:15 AM Adrian Tritschler wrote:
> Serve it over http and access your CPU server from anywhere
> that's got a web browser.

Is it really all that often when a Plan 9 user is in the precarious
situation of needing to access his plan9 system from some
other person's/party's pc or laptop?

Is this for when you glide into a coffee shop and forget your
laptop or something? "Hey, Mr.... may I borrow your laptop's
web browser for a sec... I really need to hack some code on
my plan9 system."

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:04:02 PM Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
> that's not the point though; the point is to have something
> that runs natively in the browser.

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:31:32 AM John Floren wrote:
> Writing a drawterm replacement in Javascript is not
> going to "downgrade" Plan 9.

Ok, who slipped me the Cr@zy Pills?  Just a couple weeks ago,
javascript and web technologies were THE DEVIL INCARNATE...
but suddenly, here's something we can all get behind...
javascript + html5 + browsers and other web standards
are now OK[tm]?

So.... it's cool to have "the 9" running 'native' in a browser
(via javascript!)... but to have "the web" running 'native' in
Plan 9... is stark full of controversy, fear, uncertainty and
doubt?

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:18:45 AM erik quanstrom wrote:
> one would then be able to write applications for non-plan 9
> users in plan 9.

I realize I'm being unimaginative, but I'm having a very difficult
time conceiving what sort of plan 9 application could possibly
be appealing to non-plan 9 users.

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:18:45 AM erik quanstrom wrote:
> it would be nice to have emulated environment that's more
> portable than 9vx and not tied to 32-bit x86.

Well now this at least actually makes some modicum of sense
to me.

The web is the key.