Ugh, I have to comment because to my noobness this sounds like an easy
project, and an easy project to over-think. Teach a java app how to draw
boxes like rio, and plug it in. Right?

I would love to use Rio on a touchscreen, unfortunately I need to eat. So if
I get that eating thing figured out Ill download Android SDK and make it
start reading data from what rio listens to and attaching markup to it.

--