Folks,
i am very unhappy seeing this kind of discussions here (and, the wasted
potential to do something more useful in my eyes, sorry, but IMHO)... it
resembles me very much the times when Steve Jobbs compromised the ideas of
the NeXTstep, first downgrading it to the OpenStep for Windoze users, then
downgrading to MacOS X...... look, what happened to linux, bsd, etc: it's
all approaching the silly model of windoze, you'll kill me but its IMHO... i
don't want zillion of comp. languages to learn when they are capable of
mostly the same ... please, please, Bell Labs people, please, do not
compromise the ideas... believe me, it was not very much easy to me to throw
away all the boilerplate apps served on linux and do the C port of many
(>70) of them to switch to native plan9, but i feel it was one of the best
decisions in my (professional) life, and remember, i am not a programmer, i
am a paleobiologist, hence , user...
Just my sad feelings... native plan9 deserves more focus than it gets,
imho... i would hate to see plan9 as a plugin for Mozilla 20.0

Sincerely, Peter, aka
++pac
a proud user of plan9 since 2001...